Reference No. CDTJAA1
An NGO client of ours is is looking for a dynamic and motivated Accountant to fit into their evolving team. Our client is an NGO that focuses on 5 areas, Female empowerment, Home based Education, Student Sponsorship, Wildlife conservation and Health.
The Accountant will be responsible for daily accounting data entry, report delivery and analysis. The role will include but not be limited to: implementing the current financial management systems across all four sites, reviewing expense logs from sites, uploading to Quickbooks and generating monthly management accounts, ensuring that the organisation has clear and real time understanding of the financial status and funding position of all programmes, adapting systems as and when required, analysing financial information, producing donor-specific reports when required, processing payments when required, spotting errors and suggesting ways of improving efficiency, budgeting, and providing support to members of the team performing financial management duties. The role will also include the financial administration of the organisation in all countries, which includes researching and becoming familiar with the relevant tax procedures, tax-benefits for non-profit organisations, any other relevant country-specific financial requirements, as well as managing the auditing process in Mauritius, Madagascar and Zambia. The accountant will be instrumental in improving financial policies, procedures and management systems and will support the organisation for strategic growth.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
The successful candidate should have the following attributes:
- A degree in accounting and/or qualified ACCA
- Minimum 5 years working experience
- Familiarity and interest in working with a non-profit organisation. Experience with non-profit and donor accounting procedures will be an advantage
- Fluency in English (French a bonus)
- Proficiency with Quickbooks (both desktop and online) and knowledge of other accounting software
- Excellent leadership and management skills with ability to map, develop and manage diverse employee relationships
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent English writing/grammar skills, with ability to deliver efficiently and eloquently on report writing and communication tasks
- Extremely organized, efficient and ability to remain focused in completing tasks
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to prioritise and multitask
- Ability to work independently, manage budgets and meet strict deadlines
- Ability to work with and learn from people of greatly diverse backgrounds (lifestyle, religion, sexuality, gender identity, socio-economic status, educational levels, ethnicity, and nationality)
- Experience working with multicultural and multi-linguistic teams and environments
- Experience managing a team and mentoring/building capacity
This will be a full-time position based remotely, reporting to the Finance Director who is also remote, based in South Africa. Occasional travel to Zambia or Madagascar may be required. We are looking for a candidate who is eager to learn about financial processes in all relevant Southern African countries where the cient operates (and these may expand over time). Compensation will be based on candidate’s professional experience. The candidate is requested to be flexible with the role and be prepared to adapt daily to overarching priorities as and when required. Minimum commitment of 2 years is required.
Benefits and Contractual information:
If you wish to apply for the position please send your CV to Chalden Du Toit at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please visit www.caglobalint.com for more exciting opportunities.
Chalden Du Toit
CA Global will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.