Reference No. SRBLR-JPP-BAOP-004
CA Global Headhunters has been retained by the Afreximbank based in Cairo, Egypt to recruit for this position. For more information on the Afreximbank please visit their website www.afreximbank.com. Should you meet the minimum requirements and wish to apply for the position please apply directly to CA Global Headhunters.
This job role is part of the Bank’s Junior Professionals Programme. The purpose is to provide the candidate with an opportunity to acquire further banking, finance and trade development skills in order to contribute impactful diverse ideas to the operations of the Bank and, where relevant, the successful candidate could be considered for a permanent role.
Reference Number: SRBLR-JPP-BAOP-004
Nature and Scope:
The main purpose of the role is providing expert technical specialism in the field of commodities and the associated trade financing, primarily focused on post approval facility administering and transactional risk management for commodity sector clients.
The position holder will be expected to support the delivery of a commodity transactional risk management sub-unit within Loan Admin based on market best practice covering the operations, monitoring, quality and control of security and collateral within each transaction. The sub-unit will be predominantly concerned with transactional rigour, integrity and associated collateral management (i.e. assessing if an individual transaction under an approved facility fits with the terms of the approval and documentation).
The role holder will be an integral part of deal teams working closely with Origination and Product teams in originating and structuring bespoke complex commodity financing and structured trade transactions.
- Facility Setup:
- Work closely with Client Relations and Product teams throughout a deal lifecycle providing feedback and recommendations on facility structures and any concerns on monitoring as outlined in pre-assessment and credit memos;
- Work with the documentation and securities team to ensure the operational and risk terms of the transaction and its documentation are appropriate to the needs of the customer, credit sanction, legal environment and market best practice;
- Review draft facility and legal documentation and ensure alignment with approved credit memos, and that any operating challenges are highlighted and whether any further clauses need to be inserted;
- Provide a first level compliance check of all pre-disbursement conditions, ensure all facility related accounts are held and limits setup on transactional processing systems as appropriate.
- Facility Management:
- Support the management of clients’ positions, monitoring and controlling the taking up of acceptable security and its progression throughout the life of a transaction, from initiation to final repayment.
- Support the ongoing monitoring of facilities by ensuring at all times that the security (quality, value and changes) are in accordance with the terms of the facility approvals and agreements.
- The role requires the incumbent to be able to assess high value collateral valuations from market data and market knowledge and to be able to ascertain whether judgements on source are fit for purpose
- Management Information (MI) & Reporting:
- Support the preparation of appropriate reports to management on the bank’s “commodities” portfolio ensuring exposure is within risk appetite at all times and supporting the early identification of potential issues in the portfolio
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Banking or Finance from a recognized University plus a post graduate degree in a relevant field;
- Proven experience of at least 3 years with a reputable banking organization or commodity trading house with knowledge and understanding of best market practice in transactional risk management and operations of commodities financing;
- The role holder must demonstrate an appropriate level of understanding of commodities and the risk management associated with commodities financing, structuring, documentation, related security and its operations management;
- Ability to communicate and function in a culturally diverse and change oriented setting with good knowledge of banking practices in Africa;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English. Knowledge of the Bank's other working languages is an added advantage (French, Arabic and Portuguese);
Benefits and Contractual information:
- 2 year contract.
- Willing and able to relocate to Cairo, Egypt.
- Suitably qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.
If you wish to apply for the position, please send your CV to Shearidan Rabsch at email@example.com
Please visit www.caglobalint.com for more exciting opportunities.
Managing Consultant – Banking and Finance
Banking & Finance
CA Global will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.