Reference No. SFBLR29
CA Global Headhunters has been retained by the Afreximbank based in Cairo, Egypt to recruit for this position. For more information on the Afreximbank please visit their website www.afreximbank.com. Should you meet the minimum requirements and wish to apply for the position please apply directly to CA Global Headhunters.
Reference Number: SFBLR29
- Support the Bank to deploy CANEX Creations Incorporated, including development of market assessment study, business plan, and investment strategy for the development, acquisition, and commercialization of African intellectual property.
- Undertake the preliminary operationalization of the company- phasing of operations across sectors. This will include preparing and executing Annual Work Plans and Budgets for the implementation of the company’s objectives, derived from the Intra-African Trade Strategy and the Bank’s Strategic Plan for Management’s approval.
- Engage with various stakeholders in the African IP space (public, private and civil society) at the national, regional, and continental level and develop partnerships to establish and implement the IP company.
- Identify a partnership strategy that allows the Bank to identify and collaborate with foreign entities already working on the continent securing various forms of intellectual property.
- Identify the IP company’s stakeholders (IP creators, investors, foreign entities with IP on the continent, etc.) and actively secure mandates, MoUs and collaboration agreements for executing initiatives aimed at achieving the goals of the IP company.
- Seek out initial investment opportunities that can be tested on a pilot basis for proof of concept.
- Support the creation, aggregation and commercialisation of the Bank’s current and future content, the negotiation of IP ownership/control with consultants, artistes and other authors involved in the content production and the obtention of the necessary approvals and clearances needed to commercialise the content.
- As may be delegated by Senior Management, representing the Bank in high level meetings, fora and making presentations in conformity with the high standards for which the Bank has become known; and
- Any other duties as may be assigned by senior management from time to time.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- A Master’s Degree in Economics, Law, Business Management/Administration, International Development, or a related field or substantial experience in the mentioned field.
- Deep knowledge of intellectual property and Africa's creatives and cultural industries. Knowledge of the pharmaceutical and biotech industries and tech industries will be an added advantage.
- The ability to design implementation and rollout strategy plans for businesses.
- Ability to meet deadlines and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Demonstrated critical research and strategy development skills.
- Ability to communicate and function in a culturally diverse and change oriented setting with good knowledge of banking practices in Africa.
- Ability to interact with senior officials of national, regional, and international trade facilitation bodies and national governments and to represent the Bank in important professional fora where oral presentation of papers will be necessary to high level technical and professional audiences.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English. Knowledge of the Bank's other working languages is an added advantage (French, Arabic and Portuguese).
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities, including ability to organize and manage human resources to attain goals.
- Ability to demonstrate proof of passion and commitment to the socio-economic empowerment of African countries and the ability to support the achievement of Afreximbank’s mandate.
General Professional Experience
- At least ten (10) years of professional experience in the intellectual property and/or creative industries with a focus on:
- Commercialization of Ips.
- Acquisition of Ips.
- Funding IP development and acquisition.
- IP protection.
- Solid experience in the design/implementation of IP-focused programmes.
- Demonstrated experience of working with SMEs, Governments, financial institutions, regulators, legislators, judiciary etc., in facilitating the growth of the IP businesses in Africa’s creatives and cultural industries, pharmaceutical and biotech industries and tech industry.
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge of working with IP-focused African business in the diaspora.
- Demonstrated geographical scope necessary to support the work of the IP company in all African countries.
Specific Professional Experience
- Proven strong critical research skills and experience.
- Skills and proven experience in planning and strategy development is a must.
- Good overall planning, implementation, coordination, production and presentation of plans and reports.
- Very good reputation with an international track record.
- Proven experience in supporting implementation of business strategy.
- Proven track record in the acquisition of IP.
- Experience and familiarity with local and regional IP laws in Africa.
- Strong record of enforcement of IP.
- Experience in intellectual property law and businesses in the following areas:
- Social media and e-Commerce
- Filing, registration and enforcement of IP in all African countries, the regional offices (OAPI and ARIPO), and in all relevant foreign jurisdictions.
- IP distribution
- Valuation of IP
- Responsiveness and accessibility to IP creators and clients of the IP company.
- Previous working or research experience in Africa’s creatives and cultural industries, pharmaceutical and/or biotech industries and tech industries would be an advantage.
- Knowledge of, and experience in monetizing intellectual property would be an added advantage.
- Prior experience in working with financial institutions would be an added advantage.
- Prior experience of successfully undertaking similar support roles providing high level advice to corporate entities in Africa.
- Large network of IP business stakeholders operating in Africa and in the diaspora.
- 1-year consultancy contract – renewable.
- Willing and able to relocate to Cairo for the opportunity.
If you wish to apply for the position, please send your CV to Scott Fraser at email@example.com
Please visit www.caglobalint.com for more exciting opportunities.
Manager | Managing Consultant
Finance, Fintech & IT
CA Global will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.