Reference No. DSBLR2
CA Global Headhunters has been retained by the Afreximbank based in Cairo, Egypt to recruit for this position. For more information on the Afreximbank please visit their website www.afreximbank.com. Should you meet the minimum requirements and wish to apply for the position please apply directly to CA Global Headhunters.
Reference Number: DSBLR2
- The Data Scientist/Architect will support our business departments teams with insights gained from building analytical models and analysing company data.
- Use predictive/prescriptive modelling to increase and optimize customer experiences, revenue generation, process efficiency, brand management and other business outcomes.
- Perform analysis to assess quality and meaning of data.
- Design and develop dashboards/reports for business management stating trends, patterns, and predictions using relevant data.
- Build and maintain Business Glossary
- Build and maintain data lineage and transformation processes.
- Build and maintain high-level Data Dictionaries for all core systems.
- Coordinate Data Stewardship activities
- Maintain data and data marts in the Data Lake/Warehouse
- Define data standards and models for warehouse architectures.
- Champion organisational change management activities in relation to data science and data analytics
- Provide solutions and systems architectural work as a data design consultant.
- Identify data discrepancies and data quality issues, and work with Data Stewards to ensure data consistency, enrichment, and integrity.
- Coach, mentor, motivate, and supervise Data Stewards and contractors, and influence them to take positive action and accountability for their assigned work and compliance to the Bank’s data management framework.
- Provide subject matter expertise on data architecture and data engineering.
- Stay abreast of emerging data management techniques and proactively provide recommendations for improvement.
- Any other duties as may be assigned by management.
- A Master’s degree or PHD in Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, or other quantitative fields.
- Possess one or more recognised Data Science/Management qualification/certification.
- 5 or more years direct work experience as a Data Scientist/Architect including all aspects of process development and execution.
- Experience using statistical computer languages (SAS, R, Python, SQL, etc.) to manipulate data and draw insights from large data sets.
- Experience working with and creating data architectures.
- Strong familiarity with data management software and tools
- Experience with diverse types of database platforms, including No-SQL databases.
- Knowledge of a variety of machine learning techniques (clustering, decision tree learning, artificial neural networks, etc.) and their real-world advantages/drawbacks.
- Knowledge of advanced statistical techniques and concepts (regression, properties of distributions, statistical tests, and proper usage, etc.) and experience with applications.
- Hands-on experience with data architecting, data mining, large-scale data modelling, and business requirements gathering/analysis.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills for coordinating across teams.
- A drive to learn and master new technologies and techniques.
- Knowledge and experience in statistical and data mining techniques: GLM/Regression, Random Forest, Boosting, Trees, text mining, social network analysis, etc.
- Experience querying databases and using statistical computer languages.
- Experience using web services: Redshift, S3, Spark, etc.
- Experience analyzing data from 3rd party providers: Google Analytics, Site Catalyst, Core metrics, AdWords, Facebook Insights, etc.
- Experience with distributed data/computing tools: Map/Reduce, Hadoop, Hive, Spark, MySQL, etc.
- Experience visualizing/presenting data for stakeholders using: Kibana, NiFi, Grafana, QlikView, Tableau, Business Objects, Snowflake, etc.
- Good judgment and the ability to handle stressful situations.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Ability to communicate and function in a culturally diverse and change oriented setting.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English. Knowledge of the Bank's other working languages is an added advantage.
- Willingness to travel and to work long hours where required to achieve the Bank's objectives.
- Permanent role
- Willing and able to relocate to Cairo for the opportunity.
Please visit www.caglobalint.com for more exciting opportunities.
Manager – Banking and Finance
Banking and Finance
CA Global will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.