Reference No. SRBLR-M-PABF-007
CA Global Headhunters has been retained by the Afreximbank based in Cairo, Egypt to recruit for this position. For more information on the Afreximbank please visit their website www.afreximbank.com. Should you meet the minimum requirements and wish to apply for the position please apply directly to CA Global Headhunters.
Reference Number: SRBLR-M-PABF-007
Nature & Scope:
The role of the position holder will be to oversee the development and implementation of projects under the Bank’s Industrialization and Export Development Initiatives with support from the Director, Export Development Finance.
- Originating and completing commercially viable transactions across all industries across all segments in different member countries in liaison with the branch teams and with support from the Head of Project & Asset Based Finance
- Evaluate and appraising proposals from clients requiring project finance and Asset based financing and giving feedback with the aim of making the transactions bankable
- Structuring projects, developing and negotiating term sheets to execution
- Participate in the preparation of annual business development plans, in relations to projects
- Translate business development plans into real business for the Bank from all segments of the market
- Developing, marketing and managing products cutting across multiple segment and industries
- Manage given portfolios, from the process of origination, credit approval and contracting to ensure that the process is finalised within optimal time
- Supporting the credit department with relevant information to facilitate the credit process and the legal department in the facilitation of transaction documentation
- In line with the above, liaise with the Banking Operations department to ensure that once approval is obtained, disbursement is done within the required timelines and that the portfolio is managed according to the terms of the agreement and to the client’s satisfaction, until expiry of the same
- Establishing ties with market participants including international banks, African financial institutions, (project finance intermediaries), project sponsors and developers, corporates and commodity boards and organizations
- Train and equip the Client Relations Team on products so that they can market it and look out for opportunity for Afreximbank to intervene
- Any other duties as may be assigned by senior management
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Post graduate degree in Business Administration, Banking or Finance from a recognized University
- A professional qualification in Banking or International Trade Finance will be an added advantage
- Sound experience of at least 8 years with a leading organisation and familiarity with the major trade and project finance products to be offered to clients especially syndication, co-financing, club deals, correspondent banking products including letters of credit, factoring, forfaiting, structured trade finance, carbon financing, corporate finance risk participations, project-related financing and considerable knowledge of how these work
- Ability to communicate and function in a culturally diverse and change oriented setting and therefore knowledge of the workings of the main segments of the trade finance markets and the participants in major regions of Africa
- Ability to meet senior officials of banks, corporates and governments and win their confidence that the specialist’s products will meet the needs of these parties
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English. Knowledge of the Bank's other working languages is an added advantage (French, Arabic and Portuguese)
- Proven experience in marketing trade and project finance products. The candidate must demonstrate experience and knowledge of designing and selling structured trade finance products
- Willingness to travel extensively and to work long hours where required in order to achieve the Bank's objectives
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities, including ability to organize and manage human resources to attain goals
Benefits and Contractual information:
- Willing and able to relocate to Cairo, Egypt.
- Suitably qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.
If you wish to apply for the position, please send your CV to Shearidan Rabsch at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please visit www.caglobalint.com for more exciting opportunities.
Manager – Banking and Finance | Africa
CA Global Finance
CA Global will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.