Reference No. SRBLR-RR-2
CA Global Headhunters has been retained by the Afreximbank based in Cairo, Egypt to recruit for this position. For more information on the Afreximbank please visit their website www.afreximbank.com. Should you meet the minimum requirements and wish to apply for the position please apply directly to CA Global Headhunters.
The role is supposed to help the Bank to achieve its mission “stimulating a consistent expansion of and diversification of African/Caribbean trade so as to rapidly increase Africa’s share of global trade, while operating as a first class, profit oriented, socially responsible financial institution and a centre of excellence in African /Caribbean trade matters” by developing opportunities for business development in trade projects and export development finance at the regional level and providing leadership for various branch administrative matters as may be required in liaison with the Administrative Services department.
Reference Number: SRBLR-RR-2
Nature & Scope:
The position holder will be required to draw up the annual strategic and marketing plans for the geographic region and lead the implementation of the plans for the achievement of the Bank's objectives in these areas. The position holder will also be required to supervise Client Relations Managers and Associates and identify the Bank’s key/core customers in country of the region and draw up Account Management Plans for the top 20 customers in Branch for the purpose of maximizing cross selling of the Bank’s products and services.
Reporting to the Director & Global Head, Client Relations, the job holder is responsible for leading and providing direction to the Client Relations Managers in the Branch on implementation of business plans, client account plans and strategies; managing a strong team of client relations bankers and accountable for the overall P&L of the Branch.
- Manages a portfolio of clients with deliberate cultivation based on proactive individualized plans. These plans would be developed in coordination with the product teams and should be designed to increase client engagement;
- Provides client service to each client or government organization. This includes responding to client inquiries in a timely and courteous manner;
- Leads Branch Client Relations team members to accomplish functional goals to ensure high level client service. This includes coaching team members;
- Deal team coordination across the Bank’s products and geographies;
- Finding out what information, products or services the customer requires to meet his/her needs, providing clear, accurate and relevant information;
- Maintaining a strong working knowledge of client portfolios / products with the Bank;
- Resolving customers’ queries within agreed authority;
- Producing file notes after any client meetings, summarising any additional actions required, including follow-up calls;
- Sales activity planning, including reviewing existing customer files to identify sales opportunities;
- Undertaking commercial negotiations;
- Managing new business pitches;
- Compliance with legal requirements, industry regulations, organisational policies and professional codes;
- Preparation of an annual Regional Strategic and Marketing Plans derived from the Bank’s Strategic Plan for Management’s Approval;
- Leading implementation of marketing plans as approved by the Bank and actively securing mandates and business in the region;
- Implementing strategies for entering various segments of the trade finance market and investment banking in the region;
- Evaluating and reviewing new business Pre-Assessment Memos and Credit Proposals from the region, Product teams and Head Office and making recommendations on the same to Director & Global Head Client Relations;
- Representing the Bank in high level meetings, fora and making presentations in conformity with the high standards for which the Bank has become known;
- Managing staff, Bank’s assets and property at the Branch in liaison with the Administrative Services Department;
- Maintaining and improving the Bank’s image across the continent; and
- Any other duties as assigned by Senior Management.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Post graduate degree in Business Administration, Banking or Finance from a recognized University or a recognized post graduate professional qualification in Banking;
- Sound experience of at least 10 years with a leading financial services organisation and familiarity with the major trade finance products to be offered to clients especially syndication, co-financing, club deals, correspondent banking products including letters of credit, factoring, forfaiting, structured trade finance, carbon financing, corporate finance risk participations, project-related financing and considerable knowledge of how this work;
- Ability to communicate and function in a culturally diverse and change oriented setting with good knowledge of banking practices in Africa;
- Ability to interact with senior officials of banks, corporates and governments and to represent the Bank in important professional fora where oral presentation of papers will be necessary to high level technical and professional audiences;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English. Knowledge of the Bank's other working languages is an added advantage (French, Arabic and Portuguese);
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities, including ability to organize and manage human resources to attain goals.
Benefits and Contractual information:
- Suitably qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.
If you wish to apply for the position, please send your CV to Shearidan Rabsch at email@example.com
Please visit www.caglobalint.com for more exciting opportunities.
Recruitment Manager – Banking and Finance | Global
CA Global Finance
CA Global will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.