Reference No. SFBLR28
CA Global Headhunters has been retained by the Afreximbank based in Cairo, Egypt to recruit for this position. For more information on the Afreximbank please visit their website www.afreximbank.com. Should you meet the minimum requirements and wish to apply for the position please apply directly to CA Global Headhunters.
Reference Number: SFBLR28
- The role holder will be responsible for developing and implementing leading practices in Internal Audit Quality Assurance and Improvement Program (IA- QAIP) that support continuing compliance with the definition of IA, International Standard for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing (Standards) and Code of Ethics for internal auditors (Ethics), issued by the Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA), and the applicable Bank’s policies and procedures.
- Operating independently as a QA leader to develop and implement a QA plan, including QA risk assessment, multiyear coverage strategy and managing the related resource and delivery requirements.
- Providing assurance and challenging the quality and comprehensiveness of the planning and delivery of IA function’s work scope, using formal QA products (thematic reviews, continuous improvement reviews, target reviews, etc.) to ensure there is an adequate level of compliance with the IIA’s Standards, Ethics and applicable Bank’s policies and procedures in planning and executing IA projects.
- Delivering timely IA QA and reports of QA activities to management with appropriate context and insights to provide value-added feedback and suitable recommendations for rectifying identified compliance gaps as well as efficiency and effectiveness improvement practices.
- Developing and implementing initiatives to continuously improve IA QAIP’s effectiveness and efficiency.
- Coordinate periodic external quality assurance review on the IA function and monitor implementation of the findings and improvement observations arising from them.
- Assist the Head of Internal Audit with other assignments, including serving as an excellence and value-driven ambassador for the IA function and change agent, driving process improvements and innovations in transforming internal audit practices.
- Initiating and managing the Afreximbank IA function’s partnerships and mutually beneficial collaborations with the IA services of peer organisations.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Master’s Degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Economics, Finance or related fields from a recognized University.
- Relevant professional qualifications in Accounting or Auditing such as ACA, ACCA, CA, CPA, CIA, CISA, etc.
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in IA QA with the last 5 years in a leadership role, preferably in the financial services industry or related role in consulting including professional practice as external quality assurance provider/regulator.
- Demonstrable knowledge and experience in developing Risk-Based Internal Audit (RBIA) methodologies, conducting internal audit function’s risk assessment, and implementing quality assurance principles, practices, and frameworks.
- Extensive knowledge of the industry and international regulatory standards; and experience in developing Internal Audit performance metrics or reporting guidelines.
- Strong analytical skills, including ability to leverage leading practices and tools (data analytics, processes automation) in implementing IA_QAIP.
- Self-motivated and able to drive work to conclusions and meet deadlines with little or no supervision. The candidate should be able to work independently as well as a cohesive member of a small team.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English combined with ability to build compelling business cases and adapt style to gain buy-in. Knowledge of the Bank's other working languages is an added advantage (French, Arabic and Portuguese).
- Ability to work effectively in an evolving and challenging multicultural environment.
- 1-year fixed term contract.
- Willing and able to relocate to Cairo for the opportunity.
If you wish to apply for the position, please send your CV to Scott Fraser at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please visit www.caglobalint.com for more exciting opportunities.
Manager | Managing Consultant
Finance, Fintech & IT
CA Global will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.