Reference No. JACDT-001-BO
Reference Number: JACDT- 001-BO
Our client within the retail and commercial banking sector is looking for a Business Development Manager reporting to the Head of Cross Boarder Payments. This is a new business initiative and role holder. The candidate needs to lead the business development efforts from ground zero. This includes supporting and refining the strategy and proposition and developing business partnerships across targeted Sub-Saharan African markets. The role includes streamlining the customer onboarding and relationship management. The candidate will be responsible to drive new customer acquisition and Balances /AUM growth.
Key Stakeholders and Interactions:
- To develop the customer proposition and manage the customer relationships. (PFS Channels teams)
- To develop the customer proposition and design the customer experience. (PFS HQ teams)
- To create a stream of business development opportunities in collaboration (Other Lines of Businesses)
- To develop streamlined customer acquisition, product, experience, and relationship management journeys. (Operations and IT)
- To ensure all risk requirements are in place and monitored on an ongoing basis. (Risk & Compliance)
- To continue enhancing (Finance & Treasury)
Key External Contacts:
- Banks within the I&M network, other target banks in the SSA region, corporate partners and referrers
Key Performance Areas:
- Increase revenue, costs, and profitability of this customer portfolio through NII, NFI, X-sells, etc.
- Advances and Deposits growth in line with plan
- Comprehensive multi-level partnerships with other lines of businesses, partner banks and other corporate referrers to drive business flow
- Increase cross-border customer numbers in line with plan
- Curate successful partnerships ecosystems
- Deliver a sales-and-service model that leads to best-in-class customer experience, deepens relationships and drive customer loyalty
- Develop internal capabilities for B2B and B2C marketing, remote onboarding, virtual relationship management, and digital servicing
- Ongoing analysis, review, and redesign of functional processes to eliminate customer issues, remove nonvalue added activities and enhance the overall experience.
- Ensure that the customers and any partners are meeting the risk and compliance guidelines prescribed by the bank.
Learning & Growth
- Develop in-depth knowledge of the cross-border business to enable quick, coherent, and actionable functional and technological design.
- Network in relevant industry forums / events to broaden knowledge of trends and adopt best practices.
- Assist in building and maintaining and engaged team.
- Instil and act with accordance to the Bank’s vision, mission and values and deliver actions that positively contribute to the company’s culture.
- Comply with all statutory regulations.
- Undertake any other duties, accountabilities and responsibilities as may be required.
- Requirements: Qualification and Experience
- Relevant Commerce degree
- Wealth management trainings.
- Expertise in developing and managing successful commercial partnerships within financial services or other similar service industries e.g., telecoms, travel, retail, etc.
- Good understanding of the Sub-Saharan Africa region.
- Demonstrated track record of driving new customer growth
- Knowledge of personal financial services, ideally in offshore banking is preferable but not mandatory.
- Excellent organisational skills
- Ability to innovate and navigate to customer and business outcomes
- Build effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Proven ability to think strategically and act tactically.
- Effective assertiveness and proven ability to establish credibility across the bank. The role requires pitching the product to senior officials in corporates of government bodies.
- Actively embraces rapid change and ambiguity.
- Articulate with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Relevant Post Graduate Degree
If you wish to apply for the position, please send your CV to Jamie Adams at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please visit www.caglobalint.com for more exciting opportunities.
CA Global will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.