Reference No. CDTCCOFP
Reference Number: CDTCCOFP
The role of a retail chief commercial officer (CCO) will be to oversee the commercial functions of the retail business. This can include sales, marketing, merchandising, and business development (B2B).
The Chief Commercial Officer will be responsible for overseeing the objectives and implementation of all our commercial strategies in the business. As part of their role, the CCO will take the lead in defining the sales and marketing strategies while making sure the business’ annual budget is met. In addition to the direct reports, the CCO will work closely with the CEO, the senior management of Furniture Palace and will present regularly to the board and shareholders of FPL on the commercial affairs of the company and other responsibilities.
We are looking for a confident, dedicated, and bold person who thrives in a fast-paced, challenging environment. The ideal candidate is a creative, solution-oriented individual who can inspire their team and bring great enthusiasm with their ideas. The ideal candidate is a result-driven person with solid experience in sales, marketing, and business processes.
- Developing and implementing the company's commercial strategy to drive revenue growth and profitability.
- Leading the sales and marketing teams to develop and execute effective campaigns to promote the company's products or services.
- Identifying new market opportunities and potential areas of growth for the company.
- Working closely with the procurement team to ensure that new products are aligned with the company's overall commercial strategy.
- Conducting market research to gain insights into consumer behaviour and preferences and using this information to inform the company's marketing and sales strategies.
- Developing and managing relationships with key stakeholders.
- Collaborating with other senior executives to ensure that the company is operating in accordance with its overall strategic objectives.
- Ensuring that the company's commercial operations are compliant with relevant laws and regulations.
- Overseeing the development and management of the company's budgets and financial forecasts.
- Managing and developing a high-performing team of commercial professionals.
- Driving increased employee engagement by the commercial teams
- Managing the teams to ensure high-quality talent are retained and commercial best-practices are shared across stores.
- Support in training of sales teams and direct reports, especially in sales tactics and leadership
- Create a performance driven culture by ensuring the commercial team have clear and concise KPIs, they have given regular feedback and that the JDs reflect the role at hand.
- Provide leadership to the Marketing team.
- Manage interactions with marketing agencies.
- Oversee the development of an annual marketing strategy and budget.
- Making sure new items photos are taken and uploaded on the website.
- Liaise with the marketing team to follow up on any art works to be done.
- Propose ideas for the upcoming promotions to be done.
- Frequently update the website with new products, remove the sold-out items and change prices when required.
- Ensure web banners are changed twice a week.
- Ensure that the marketing team allocated tasks are done within the set deadlines.
- Follow up with changes in office catalogues.
- Follow up with promotional materials to reach the showroom on time.
- Ensure that the social media & website enquiries are responded to within 24hours.
- Recommend the items to be advertised on newspaper ads.
- Give a list for web banners and social media list for items to be promoted.
- Assist in art works creation and ensure they are up to par with our standards.
- Review any artwork before being sent out.
- Showrooms Operations
- Ensure employees are aware of all SOPs, policies and ensure adherence in branch operations e.g front office.
- Monitor daily sales performance and implement strategies to push for achievement of the budget.
- Oversee the store layouts/merchandizing and ensuring all stores adhere to the approved store layout format. Work with the merchandizing team to refresh and introduce suggestions for improvement as required.
- Stock Related Activities
- Update the Procurement Committee on any slow-moving items which need to be cleared.
- Propose to the Procurement Committee on the new items which can be introduced.
- Provide the CEO with recommendations on any threats from competition which he/she is aware of.
- Ensure that stores do their monthly stock takes and submit reports by given deadlines.
- Review the stocktake reports from all branches.
- Propose various items to be displayed in showrooms.
- Push SDN to reach showroom on time as the moment taking long.
- Review the variance reports and implement initiatives to reduce them to zero for each branch.
- Pricing & Discounts
- Oversee the pricing of new items.
- Communicating with all branch managers regarding price changes.
- Follow up on the price tickets changes to ensure all branches are using the correct pricing on items.
- Authorizing discounts for the branch managers.
- Business Development
- Supervise all the B2B officers, telesales and branch managers.
- Monitor daily performance of the above teams.
- Motivate and incentivize the teams to achieve their targets.
- Set targets and review periodically as required.
- Review the sent sales reports, intervene where required and offer necessary guidance and support.
- Ensure after sales follow ups are done for relationship management for customer satisfaction, future sales and referrals.
- Customer Experience Department
- Supervise the customer service staff.
- Monitor enquiries, complaints and ensure all have been responded to within 24hours.
- Review the customer service reports and recommend ways to improve customer experience.
- Ensure customers are notified on deliveries in advance.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
Education and skills
- Education: Bachelor's degree in business related degree
- MBA or a Master’s degree preferred.
Background and professional experience
- 7+ years in a commercial role, preferably in the retail sector
- Previous experience in utilizing an ERP system, knowledge of SAP Business One is a plus.
- Deep understanding of the retail industry and consumer behaviour.
- Excellent command of both oral and written English
- Good knowledge of MS Excel, Word and Power point.
Personal attributes and critical success factors
- Ability to develop and implement effective strategies for driving revenue growth and profitability and have a track record of successfully managing teams and delivering results.
- Strong leadership and communication skills
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Collaborative – able to navigate the organisation to get things done
- Excellent interpersonal skills and maturity level
If you wish to apply for the position please send your CV to Chalden Du Toit at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please visit www.caglobalint.com for more exciting opportunities.
Chalden Du Toit
CA Global will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.