Reference No. MTBOW1
The role of the Chief Data and Analytics Officer is primarily to seek out opportunities to create commercial value from data, through the application of data science, artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning (ML). They will also be responsible to drive the Data Culture for the entire organization and promote Data-Driven Decision-Making through each core department. They will lead, enhance, and mature the Data Science practice by defining the direction, structure, processes, and standards for Data Science across the organization, so that every department and digital capability that relies on data science can benefit from the full potential it, including AI and ML. The Chief Data and Analytics Officer will also be responsible to drive and oversee the establishment of an enabling Data Governance framework within the organization covering the elements of strategy, ownership, curatorship, policies, processes, and data quality – with the intention to effectively democratize data for use by the business and power data-driven decision-making.
- Responsible for driving the maturity of the data culture in the organization to better derive commercial value (monetize) data using analytics, AI and ML.
- Acts as a thought leader defining the organization’s data strategy and data roadmap.
Data Science Strategy
- Define the direction, structure, processes, and standards for the Data Science practice across the organization.
- This will include a roadmap for enhancing the maturity of Data Science and the use of advanced analytics, AI and ML for predictive and prescriptive data analytics.
- Ensure the Data Science strategy aligns with business strategy and objectives to ensure commercial viability.
- Drive the establishment and embedding of data governance for the organization, which should cover the areas of:
- Data strategy
- Data policies, standards, processes, and procedures
- Data ownership and curatorship
- Data quality
- Align the data governance program to the enterprise information strategy.
- Educate the organization on the value and benefits of data through the demonstrably and application of analytics, AI and ML.
- Assist the organization become more data-driven in decision making.
- Drive the maturity of the organization in the field of data analytics.
- Manage special projects as assigned to support the implementation of data optimization strategies.
- Responsible for overseeing the larger Data and Analytics practices in the organization.
- Ability to spearhead the department for the organization and take ownership of all data driven projects.
- Provide guidance and leadership to the Data Science, Data Governance and Data Management practices across the enterprise in the form of methods, tools, techniques, and resources.
- Strong leader and team-builder and experience in developing, building, and maintaining a business unit.
- Master’s degree (PhD preferred) in Statistics, Machine Learning, Mathematics, Computer Science, Economics, or any other related quantitative field.
- 10-15 years relevant experience in data/analytics
- Experience and expertise in the following: modeling/mathematics, data mining, and data analysis
- Experience and expertise in leading and taking ownership of all data governance, data quality and data management initiatives.
- Experience and expertise in applying and scale-up of real-time analytics methods.
- Experience and expertise in the use of applied analytics and predictive/prescriptive analytics, multivariate testing, and optimization algorithms
- Strong fundamental knowledge of probability theory, stochastic systems, Bayesian inference
- Good exposure and use of analytic software tools or languages such as Python, R, SQL, Matlab, SAS, SPSS
- Track record for driving execution of change initiatives in a business.
- Leadership and interpersonal skills
- Negotiating and influencing skills
- Excellent data visualization, presentation and communication/report writing skills.
Benefits and Contractual information:
- Name Of Direct Supervisor – Head of Digital, Data and Customer Transformation
- Job Grade: MT5
- Number Of Subordinates: 2 direct reports
If you wish to apply for the position, please send your CV to Matthew Taylor at email@example.com
Please visit www.caglobalint.com for more exciting opportunities.
CA Global Finance
CA Global will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.