Reference No. KMSR4
Our client, a leading Financial Services institution, is seeking a dynamic; commercially astute; and innovative leader to take up the role Chief Executive Officer / CEO within their Ghanaian operation. This person will be accountable for leading and directing all aspects of the business with emphasis on group strategic alignment, custodianship of the strategy and transformation journey, short- and long-term business performance, risk management, organisational reputation, and stakeholder engagement.
- Lead the Ghana Executive Committee and staff compliment to achieve the strategic goals and objectives approved by the Ghana Board of Director’s and Group Management, with emphasis on:
- Materially contributing to the development of the Group aligned Ghana strategy and directing its execution within the requisite parameters,
- Ensuring all stakeholder constituencies alignment with the strategy and culture roadmap, and their mobilisation for its implementation
- Collaborating with the board of directors and executives to establish short-term objectives and long-range goals, and related plans and policies,
- Ensuring the sustainable growth, expansion, budget, sales, and cost management of the business
- Providing requisite resources,
- Directing appropriate measures to correct unsatisfactory performance and results.
- Safeguard all company assets, intellectual property, and reputation.
- Remain ahead of company and market trends, and vigilant to competitor activity.
- Employees ways-of-work, training and development, talent management, and adherence to policies and procedure
- Maintain and develop key stakeholder relationships, and the public perception of the organisation.
- Optimal management of all matters relating but not limited to, the following:
- Products, collections, and the finance structure.
- Present regular reports to the Board, Regulators, Shareholders, Funders, and the wider Group.
- Assist Group Management to secure and raise adequate and sound local funding.
- Ensure the company’s compliance with all applicable laws, rules, regulations, and standards.
- Serve as the company’s representative to the board of directors, shareholders, employees, customers, the government, and the public.
- Promote communication and cooperation among divisions to create a spirit of unity to enable a sustainably high-performance organisational culture.
- Fulfil those responsibilities and duties periodically assigned by the Board of Directors of Ghana and Group Management to benefit the mission of the organisation.
- Technical competencies:
- Strategic enterprise-level programmes and projects execution
- Financial acumen
- Technology, including digitisation and automation
- Requisite understanding of the Ghana market/s and diverse economic landscape with deep knowledge of the financial services sector, the industry trends, and market segments, including understanding of the regulatory environment for financial institutions in Ghana
- Risk management
- Behavioural competencies including leadership skills and traits:
- Strategic (company-first) decision making and sound judgement.
- Entrepreneurial orientation and risk taking.
- Relationship building with interpersonal skills.
- Advantageous if individual has strong relationships and positive reputation with external stakeholders, e.g., investors, customers, suppliers, regulators, community leaders and board members.
- Attributes: Authenticity, humility, transparency, objective/objectivity, courage/boldness, and decisiveness.
- Resilience and stamina – in/for a high performance-driven environment within the Ghanian macro-economic context.
- Negotiation and persuasion.
- Responsiveness – to all stakeholders, including customers.
- Mobilisation and motivation through leaders and managing teams with active support of service-oriented leaders.
- Must include transformational leadership.
- Excellent communication skills, including public speaking.
- Well presented.
- Management of personal effectiveness: self-awareness, emotional intelligence (EQ), time, energy, and perspective.
- Commitment to ethical business practices.
- Adaptability – to adapt to changes: in the market and economy, in the company, customer needs, and to take risks when necessary
- Sales leadership.
- Committee chairmanship.
- Have a point of view on a wide variety of societal and environmental issues.
- Core personal value set congruent with the organization.
- Cognitive competencies
- Strategic thinking.
- Problem solving.
- Creativity and innovation.
- Analytical thinking.
- Growth mindset.
- Divergent thinking.
- Critical thinking.
- Systems thinking.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Higher National Diploma or bachelor’s degree
- MBA or similar post graduate qualification is advantageous
- Proven track record of success in executive leadership roles:
- Executive Management experience of 3+ years in a substantial (medium to large) financial services business is essential
- A variety and/or functional breadth of increasingly senior positions
- Substantial experience of 5+ years in leading transformational change, delivering a profit-and-loss statement, and representing the company externally
If you wish to apply for the position, please send your CV to Kyle Magnussen at email@example.com
Please visit www.caglobalint.com for more exciting opportunities.
CA Global will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.