Reference No. SRBLR-LEGA-PE-002
CA Global Headhunters has been retained by the Afreximbank based in Cairo, Egypt to recruit for this position. For more information on the Afreximbank please visit their website www.afreximbank.com. Should you meet the minimum requirements and wish to apply for the position please apply directly to CA Global Headhunters.
About FEDA: The Fund for Export Development in Africa (“FEDA”) is the impact investment subsidiary of Afreximbank set up to provide equity, quasi-equity, and debt capital to finance the multi-billion-dollar funding gap (particularly in equity) needed to transform the trade sector in Africa.
Reference Number: SRBLR-LEGA-PE-002
This is a transactional role with a focus on a wide range of strategic M&A, private equity, venture capital, joint venture and other corporate and capital markets transactions. The role of the position holder will be seconded to FEDA to provide the required legal advice to the Chief Executive Officer of FEDA, its management, Investments team and its Board as may be required.
- Assist in the, review, management and negotiation of private equity investments, venture capital investments, joint ventures, co-investments, private placements, sub-underwritings, pre-IPO investments and similar transactions on behalf of the FEDA and its funds.
- Lead legal due diligence work on prospective portfolio companies (Targets), working collaboratively with, and acting as the point person in dealing with legal advisers and Target’s management on all legal matters.
- Act as lead transaction counsel on deals, manage transaction review, drafting, negotiation and execution of the full range of deal documentation.
- Provide legal advice to management and colleagues in all areas of FEDA’s activities and proffering solutions to legal problems, constraints, risks, options, consequences and approaches.
- Provide advice and support to internal stakeholders to develop, establish and improve internal processes relating to investments.
- Provide compliance support and advice with respect to information barriers, restricted list reviews, inside information and thresholds.
- Take initiative to identify and analyze problems, generate alternative solutions and make decisions with little direction/supervision.
- Manage external deal counsel, in conjunction with the investment team during execution of transactions.
- Work closely with the financial, tax, human resources, information technology, commercial, technical, environmental, social and governance advisers to assist FEDA with the structuring of transactions by providing legal insights. This includes pre- deal and post deal structuring and restructuring.
- Representing FEDA internally and externally in negotiation, disputes, consultations and other proceedings that require legal representation.
- Any other duties as assigned by senior management.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- A degree in Law with excellent academics and a relevant post-graduate (master’s) degree from a recognised University.
- Qualified in a common law or civil law jurisdiction with not less than 8 years post-qualification experience in a private equity and venture capital practice.
- The successful candidate will be a motivated commercial lawyer and will have detailed legal knowledge of M&A, JVs, private equity and venture capital investments, preference shares, and corporate finance and be able to translate this knowledge into actionable advice and into the management of effective legal processes.
- Ability to communicate and function in a culturally diverse and change oriented setting with good knowledge of private equity practices in Africa and internationally.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English. Knowledge of FEDA’s other working languages is an added advantage (French, Arabic and Portuguese).
- Strong skills in drafting a variety of legal documents and communicating complex issues clearly and concisely.
- Ability to work in a fast pace environment with quick turnaround expectations.
- Negotiating skills and capacity to work with other professionals including non-legal professionals to develop innovative solutions.
- Willingness to assume multiple roles and tasks to meet changing business needs with ability to foresee, troubleshoot and effectively resolve conflicting issues and challenges.
- Strong leadership, interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills.
- Willing and able to relocate to Cairo or any other member country of Afreximbank.
- Willing and able to relocate to Rwanda and open to further relocation later if required.
- Suitably qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.
If you wish to apply for the position, please send your CV to Shearidan Rabsch at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please visit www.caglobalint.com for more exciting opportunities.
Recruitment Manager – Global
Banking & Finance
CA Global will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.