Reference No. BRJA07
As Senior Investment Manager for our Pan-African Venture Fund ($25 million under management targeting startups and SMEs), you will lead the investment team across each stage of the investment process. Your responsibilities will encompass the formulation and execution of investment strategies, financial analyses, deal structuring and negotiation, comprehensive due diligence, and supervising the performance and growth of our venture portfolio. Additionally, you will work directly with cross-functional teams to spearhead and finalize operational and administrative documentation for the Venture Fund. The ideal candidate will possess exceptional leadership and analytical skills, a deep-rooted understanding of the VC landscape in Africa, and the ability to navigate and lead in a dynamic and fast-evolving environment.
- Direct and oversee the investment team throughout the entire investment lifecycle, spanning from deal origination, thorough evaluation of potential investments, decision-making at investment committees, Board or internal presentations, to managing portfolio companies, orchestrating exits, and helming fundraising campaigns.
- Formulate and articulate the risks, opportunities, and potential merits of proposed venture investments, ensuring alignment with FEDA’ strategic goals.
- Lead deal-structuring processes, define investment terms, draft term sheets and investment memos, and head negotiations with potential ventures.
- Spearhead due diligence efforts on potential ventures, synthesizing insights from industry trends, competitive landscapes, and financial forecasts to make informed decisions.
- Collaborate closely with the CEO, the CIO and FEDA's leadership team to align investment decisions with the broader organizational vision.
- Develop, implement, and oversee value-creation strategies, ensuring the consistent growth and success of portfolio companies.
- Continuously monitor, evaluate, and guide the performance of venture portfolio companies, setting and upholding high-performance standards.
- Generate and present monthly and quarterly venture investment reports to FEDA's executive leadership and stakeholders.
- Stay at the forefront of market trends, regulatory changes, and macroeconomic factors that could influence the VC landscape.
- Lead fundraising endeavors, crafting compelling narratives and fostering strong relationships with investors.
- Execute other high-level responsibilities and strategic initiatives as directed by the CEO and CIO.
Requirements: Skills and Competencies
- Leadership: Demonstrated ability to lead teams, make critical decisions, and guide strategic initiatives to successful outcomes.
- Analytical Thinking: Proven expertise in dissecting complex financial data, recognizing market potentials, and strategizing investments.
- Financial Acumen: Superior skills in financial modeling, with a track record of successful venture evaluations.
- Research and Due Diligence: Exceptional proficiency in research, market analysis, and a holistic approach to due diligence.
- Attention to Detail: Strong focus on accuracy and precision in financial analysis, data interpretation, and report preparation.
- Communication: Outstanding ability to communicate complex investment strategies and financial concepts to both internal teams and external stakeholders.
- Adaptability: Ability to thrive in a fast-paced and dynamic environment, managing multiple projects and priorities effectively with strong work ethic.
- Teamwork: Ability to foster strong relationships across departments and with external partners, promoting a cohesive and efficient working environment.
- Advanced degree in finance, economics, banking, engineering, sciences, or a related field with a strong academic performance. An MBA/MSc in finance or related field is highly preferred.
- Minimum 10 years of work experience in the venture capital sector with a proven track record of leading investment initiatives.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills in English, with a flair for presenting intricate information compellingly; fluency in French is a distinct advantage.
- Deep-rooted understanding of financial analysis techniques, valuation methodologies, and strategic investment principles.
- Stellar problem-solving, critical thinking, and decision-making abilities.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the legal and regulatory frameworks governing venture capital investments in Africa.
- Proven ability to lead and inspire teams to achieve outstanding results.
- Willing and able to relocate to Rwanda and open to further relocation later if required.
- Suitably qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.
If you wish to apply for the position, please send your CV to Jamie Adams at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please visit www.caglobalint.com for more exciting opportunities.
Banking & Finance
CA Global will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.