Reference No. SRCE3
Reference Number: SRCE3
• Develop and lead the implementation of the SME Segment strategy in line with the Group Strategy; to ensure achievement of the Group Business and African Recovery and Resilience Plan (ARRP)objectives.
• Set the strategic agenda for SME Department and develop a detailed strategy and execution road map that would facilitate growth and maintain a customer portfolio that will ensure over all achievement of balance sheet growth, profitability growth, and other Expected Deliverables in line with African Recovery and Resilience Plan (ARRP) and increase SME market share across all the markets.
• Ensure that the SME strategy is cascaded to all the departments / subsidiaries across EGHL and ensure it is well understood and the execution strategy is well aligned to the overall group expectations.
• Ensure Effective execution of all Business development and growth strategies in accordance with the long-, medium- and short-term plans of ARRP.
• Design, Launch and Manage End to End Customer Value proposition for the SME Segment to ensure the Group builds a pipeline of value adding customer solutions to ensure achievement of the Overall segment P&L and Balances sheet Growth Objectives.
• Drive the Ecosystem Banking strategy and work in collaboration with Corporate Banking. Retail Banking, Commercial division to drive the Ecosystem Banking Strategy through Banking of their Entire anchor /Sub anchor value chains. Ensure retention and cross sell to maximize revenue for the entire Ecosystem.
• Drive sustainable growth and acquisition of new customers for SME Banking through the creation, development, and maintenance of high-quality Relationship management.
• Drive and own Strategic SME partnerships and collaborations as part of the Overall Go to market Plan and Develop and manage an effective SME customer Training program and networking forums in collaboration with Equity Group Foundation (EGF).
• Work closely with Product House to ensure that customers offering across all the products are tailor made to meet customers’ needs and are accessible across all the Channels. This entails reviewing existing financial products, designing new financial products and introducing new financial products to increase access to financing for SMEs.
• Champion a differentiated delivery of great customer experience including seamless processes, convenient customer journeys across all the channels to ensure customer retention and loyalty.
• Strengthen the capacity of SME departments/units. Develop training programs to enhance product knowledge to the SME Relationship managers, Credit Managers, and all Branch staff on SME Banking Products.
• Build and maintain productive and strategic relations with customers and all stakeholders to drive the development and delivery of business solutions and revenue growth for the SME Segment.
In collaboration with the subsidiaries Head of SME design and execute End to End strategic road map including Marketing activities and communication for the SME segment. Also responsible for the segment Events Calendar in partnership with country segment Heads
• Drive and own Strategic SME partnerships and collaborations as part of the Overall Go to market Plan and represent the segment in forums and external stakeholder’s meetings that enhances the overall Value Proposition of the SME segment.
• Develop and enhance SME knowledge base in the group through research, analysis of performance data, updates on the published literature on financing and developing SMEs sector and also through participation in think tanks Forums and workshops.
• Monitoring, supervising, and reporting on ongoing SME operations; measuring and analyzing results, outcomes, and impacts of the SME operations in all EGHL entities.
• Research on new approaches and developments in the SME sector and ability to convene stakeholder’s forums to brainstorm on new solutions for accelerating development of innovative solutions for SME segments.
• Analyze the competitive landscape and understand both Internal and external Customer environment to draw insights into the Segment offerings and Propositions to optimize revenue and profitability.
• Drive strategic partnerships and collaborations with key departments that manage market research, customer intelligence, Data warehousing and financial analysis to align to the segment/business market unit goals.
• A key accountability of the overall SME loan portfolio is to build a high-quality client portfolio by effectively managing clients across the entire Lending cycle. Ensure appropriate relationship management is maintained through the entire lending cycle from origination to recovery and collections.
• Ensure timely submission of quality credit proposals in conformity with the Credit Policy guidelines and requirements whilst maintaining the quality of the SME portfolio within the stipulated Non-Performing Loans (NPL) and Portfolio at Risk (PAR) parameters. ·
• Working with credit risk management and data analytics teams to develop scorecards and support the development of risk management methodologies. Support the introduction of scorecards for different SME segments and different products.
• Strengthen SME lending operations and loan processing by establishing common SME lending practices across the group.
• Closely monitor and analyze the SME loan portfolios performance across the Group in liaison with other stakeholders to ensure quality portfolio by effective identification of risks and their mitigations.
• Ensure compliance with the Bank’s policies, procedures and regulatory requirements.
• Facilitate setting of the appropriate SME targets at the group and subsidiary level. And drive achievement of the targets through efficient execution to meet the Overall SME strategy for the group.
• In collaboration with the subsidiary set KPI for all SME staff and work with the team towards achieving these targets to meet the overall SME strategy of the Bank.
• In collaboration with HR enforce a culture of performance review and take immediate corrective action to deal with Nonperformance.
Track and monitor the progress on all activities to ensure business goals are met and share results and experiences with team members and colleagues.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
• Master s degree in Business Administration from an accredited university preferably with a major in Finance, Marketing and/or Economics.
• Minimum 10 years’ experience in banking, with proven experience of at least 5 years in a similar position or at least 5 years banking experience and sales/marketing background, where he/she managed a portfolio of SME or Commercial/Corporate Banking clients.
• Key Competencies and Skills
• A Strategic thinker with proven ability to manage people, processes, and projects to achieve Group objectives.
• Good experience in Strategy formulation and Demonstrated leadership capability.
• Strong people and performance management skills.
• Excellent planning and organizational skills as well as an excellent communicator with ability to set and meet stretching targets and strict deadlines.
• Result driven with a track record of demonstrable networking selling and influencing skills as well as ability to identify new opportunities.
• Demonstrate solid awareness in operational risk and quality in driving service excellence.
• Independent, pro-active and able to work well under pressure & within teams.
• Good knowledge of bank credit risk management policies, procedures, and best practices in lending to MSMEs.
• Experience managing borrowing customers and analyzing financing proposals, especially for SME clients.
• Willingness to adapt to changing business needs and deadlines.
• Excellent communications skills, both verbal and written.
• Ability to execute across a broad array of stakeholders.
• Ability to communicate ideas clearly and confidently, articulate issues and recommend solutions.
• Ability to build long term, high quality, and trusted relationships with both internal and external stakeholders.
If you wish to apply for the position, please send your CV to Caleb Ebrahim at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please visit www.caglobalint.com for more exciting opportunities.
CA Global will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.