Reference No. CE5
Reference Number: CE5
An exciting Banking client of ours in Nigeria is looking for a Group Head, Subsidiary Finance & Capital Management to lead financial oversight and reporting for the Bank's African subsidiaries, ensuring compliance with accounting policies and timely provision of accurate financial information. This position will be based in their Head Offices in Nigeria.
- Oversee the development of accounting policies for the Bank’s subsidiaries in Africa and facilitate compliance, guided by policies from the Bank.
- Design and implement processes to ensure timely and accurate financial information to management for decision making.
- Oversee the monthly management reporting for the Bank’s African subsidiaries.
- Prepare annual and quarterly IFRS financial statements of the African businesses.
- Responsible for statutory financial reporting to Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) with respect to Bank’s African subsidiaries
- Oversee treasury products valuation and make input into tax computations for completeness and accuracy for the African subsidiaries.
- Coordinate statutory and regulatory audits for Bank’s African subsidiaries.
- Deliver the annual audited financial statements for Bank’s African businesses.
- Develop financial reports for group coordination and strategy purposes.
- Provision of financial input and formulation of the businesses’ operating plans/budgets
- Embed capital management into the commercial banking groups’ strategic planning/ budgeting and forecasting processes, to support business growth and regulatory risk management.
- Drive the annual capital planning process across the Commercial Banking Group (CBG), including determining appropriate capital buffers and preparing dividend proposal.
- Set risk appetite limits for regulatory capital, economic capital and other risk metrics (with the various Heads of Risk) and monitoring the risk profile of the CBG.
- Conduct stress testing across all risk types, agreeing and monitoring action items cross the CBG.
- Oversee and document the annual ICAAP (Internal Capital Adequacy Assessment Process)
- Manage capital requirements across the CBG and arrange for capital injection where necessary.
- Responsibility for determining capital impact of significant transactions, new products and support new products across geographies.
- Optimize capital structure in order to maximize return on equity (ROE) of the CBG and its risk profile.
- Promote compliance with regulatory, Basel, etc requirements.
- Leading capital raise and structuring efforts as required to finance the capital needs of the Group in the most efficient manner.
- Lead the sourcing of investments opportunities, working with other key stakeholders.
- Responsibility for regular investment portfolio performance management and risk analysis, and advise accordingly.
- Lead analytical efforts, that support capital investment decisions.
- Liaise with the various teams (structured finance team, legal, etc) on financing decisions.
- Lead efforts, working with internal stakeholders to make determinations in respect of countries to invest in, countries to exit, form of our capital investments (M&A, JV, etc)
- Track regulatory and macroeconomic actions across markets and proffer recommendations as required to support growth in presence countries and target markets.
- Key spokesperson in the engagement of credit rating agencies.
- Lead the Bank’s effort at achieving target credit ratings.
- Work with internal stakeholders to deliver the data/ information requests of credit rating institutions.
- Manage relationships with regulatory (central bank, securities and exchange commissions, etc), revenue mobilization and tax authorities, as relates to Bank’s African bank subsidiaries.
- Act as finance advisor to the executive in-charge of International Banking
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Minimum 12 – 17 Years experience.
- Bachelors Degree in Finance, Economics or any related field.
- CFA will be an added advantage.
If you wish to apply for the position, please send your CV to Caleb Ebrahim at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please visit www.caglobalint.com for more exciting opportunities.
CA Global will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.