Reference No. CDTHOS1
Reference Number: CDTHOS1
A leading banking client of ours is currently looking for a Head of Strategy, who would be responsible for formalizing the banks strategic-planning processes, and leading the development of the strategy, translating it for people across functions and business units, driving organizational change by forging new working relationships and synergies across the organization and establishing greater transparency and accountability for those people carrying out the Bank’s strategy. In addition, the Head of Strategy is responsible for assessing whether strategic initiatives, at all levels of the organization, are in line with the company’s standards and objectives and whether they are assisting to deliver the strategic ambition. Additionally, the role holder is responsible for unlocking bottlenecks to strategy execution.
- Lead the development of the strategic plan/framework for the organization, and the detailed current year operating plan, while adhering to direction set by the CEO and Board of Directors. This includes formalizing and leading the strategic planning process, focusing on long-term trends, outlook, and competitive intelligence.
- Facilitate the execution of the strategy by working collaboratively with the Executive Leadership Team members and ensuring that the strategy is communicated and easily understood by all throughout the organization. Ensures that strategic actions are completed at various levels to achieve desired results.
- Facilitate the development of Key Performance Indicators and initiatives specific leading and lagging indicators and provide guidance on consistent monitoring of the strategy. The Head of strategy is also responsible for the development of monitoring tools and facilitation of the strategy cadence process.
- Report to the CEO, Strategy Committee, Board Strategy and Investment Committee and overall Bank Board on the status of the strategy and provides insights into key implementation risks and mitigation therein.
- The role holder will act as the CEO’s unofficial aide de camp. The Head of Strategy will be responsible for preparation of strategy presentation and facilitation of executive level workshops and planning sessions.
- As the Special Projects leader, the Head of strategy will from time to time be called upon to lead special projects that support strategic aims.
- Work with the CEO to ensure effective communication of the strategy and strategic alignment process.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- A degree from an accredited college/university; Preferably in a business-related field.
- Postgraduate degree will be an added advantage.
- At least 10 years’ experience working in strategic management function, project delivery or management consulting.
- 5 years of Banking or Financial Industry Experience.
- Experience in working with cross functional and complex teams.
- A track record of end-to-end strategy management.
- Understanding of key principles of strategic management processes-Certification a bonus.
- Strong verbal and written skills in English.
- Excellent leadership and interpersonal skills.
If you wish to apply for the position please send your CV to Chalden Du Toit at Cdutoit@caglobalint.com
Please visit www.caglobalint.com for more exciting opportunities.
Chalden Du Toit
CA Global Finance
CA Global will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.