Reference No. MTMM02
Reference Number: MTMM02
Our client is currently seeking an Internal Auditor to join their Finance Department at their Head Office in Kenilworth. The successful candidate will play a crucial role in assessing, evaluating, and monitoring the adequacy, effectiveness, and efficiency of the organization's internal control systems. This position requires a highly skilled and experienced individual with a minimum of 2 years of post-articles experience in Internal Auditing, including articles served with a big four firm ideally. Experience in the healthcare industry and a Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) qualification would be advantageous.
- Internal Control Systems: Assess, evaluate, and monitor the adequacy, effectiveness, and efficiency of the organization's internal control systems.
- Risk Management: Identify risk areas and implement controls and systems to address these risks effectively.
- Breach Investigations: Investigate breaches of internal controls and take appropriate actions to rectify the issues.
- Policy and Procedure Review: Review existing policies and procedures and suggest improvements or changes as necessary. Draft and implement new policies and procedures when required.
- Compliance and Standards: Ensure compliance with relevant financial legislation, International Standards on Internal Auditing, and International Financial Reporting Standards.
- Business Understanding: Obtain a thorough understanding of the operating environment by researching applicable laws, regulations, policies, procedures, contracts, frameworks, and best practices.
- Risk Assessment: Identify, evaluate, and assess significant risks in the business and design audit procedures to address them.
- Efficient Auditing: Execute audits efficiently and effectively according to agreed audit programs, deliverables, and deadlines. Produce quality working papers to support conclusions, findings, and audit objectives.
- Reporting: Prepare and draft internal audit reports to clearly communicate all findings and deficiencies identified during the course of audits.
- Communication and Follow-Up: Ensure timely communication of audit findings to management and obtain feedback to ensure resolution of reported issues. Conduct follow-up audits to verify the implementation of corrective actions.
- Value-Adding Recommendations: Provide valuable recommendations to enhance the effectiveness and efficiency of the areas under audit.
- Payroll Audits: Conduct weekly audits of the sessional payroll and monthly audits of the permanent payroll.
- Supplier Payments Approval: Review and approve supplier payments daily as an Authorized Signatory.
- Clinic Manager Audits: Review daily Clinic Manager audit trails, including all adjustments, and reconcile Clinic Manager with Bank Statements on a monthly basis.
- Pharmacy Stock Count: Attend the bi-annual pharmacy stock count, conduct test counts, and report findings along with recommendations to management.
- Chartered Accountant (CA) qualification or a Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) qualification is advantageous.
- At least 2 years of post articles experience in Internal Auditing, preferably with experience in the healthcare industry.
- In-depth knowledge of International Standards on Internal Auditing and International Financial Reporting Standards.
- Strong technical audit skills and methodical approach with attention to detail.
- Excellent communication and report writing skills.
- Highly proficient in MS Excel.
- Ability to build relationships with key personnel and work under pressure.
- Willingness to work after hours when necessary to meet service requirements.
Benefits and Contractual information:
- Permanent full-time position
- In Office, Cape Town.
- Company benefits to be discussed
If you wish to apply for the position, please send your CV to Matthew Taylor at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please visit www.caglobalint.com for more exciting opportunities.
CA Global will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.