Reference No. LC02
Non-executive Directors ( Decision-making / Reviewing / Risk Management) – Maputo, Mozambique
Reference Number: LC01
A client of ours is looking for a Non-executive Director. Directors need to be aware that they are personally subject to statutory duties in their capacity as directors of a company. In addition, the company as a separate legal entity is subject to statutory controls and the directors are responsible for ensuring that the company complies with such statutory controls. The Companies Act codified certain common law and equitable duties of directors for the first time. The act sets out the general duties of directors, which are:
- To act within powers in accordance with the company’s constitution and to use those powers only for the purposes for which they were conferred.
- To promote the success of the company for the benefit of its members.
- To exercise independent and impartial judgement.
- To exercise reasonable care, skill, and diligence.
- To avoid conflicts of interest.
- Not to accept benefits from third parties.
- To declare an interest in a proposed transaction or arrangement.
Responsibilities shall include:
Non-executive directors should:
- Bring a genuinely independent and external perspective to stimulate board debate and enhance decision-making.
- Provide value-added input to strategy and strategic development.
- Act in the best interests of the company as a whole.
NEDs should also assist in carrying out the duties of the board, such as:
- Reviewing, approving and ongoing monitoring of the strategic plan.
- Checking organizational capability concerning stated objectives.
- Reviewing financial performance against targets.
- Raising capital.
- Reviewing any significant changes in the company, such as financial or administrative structures.
- Providing advice on significant investments or divestments.
- Monitoring legal, ethical, risk and environmental compliance (ESG).
- Appointing senior management.
Non-executive directors: must also:
- Act as a catalyst for change and challenge the status quo when appropriate.
- Maintain the highest ethical standards, probity, and integrity of the company.
- Help the executive team manage risk.
- Play a lead role in board committees.
- Play an active role in helping the CEO manage their executive team, including new appointments.
- Have specific and relevant training for the role.
- Non-executive directors are expected to focus on board matters and not stray into ‘executive direction’ thus providing an independent view of the company that is removed from the day-to-day running.
- Have broad experience in the field of banking combined with specialized knowledge in a specific field (e.g., and/or IT / Legal / Finance / Banking / Risk/ ESG / Executive Management / FinTech).
Qualifications & skills required:
- Strategic Thinking.
- Effective Communication.
- Good Decision Making.
If you wish to apply for the position, please send your CV to Linda Carstens at email@example.com
Please visit www.caglobalint.com for more exciting opportunities.
CA Global Finance
CA Global will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful. However, your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.