Reference No. SRBLR-SAFAS-00123
Our banking client is currently recruiting an Senior Associate, Financial Advisory Services for their Financial Advisory division. The role holder will provide appropriate support in driving the identification/origination, evaluation and execution of financial advisory mandates and ensuring the sustained profitability of the Advisory business unit.
Strategy Development and Business Plan Implementation
- Support the development of strategy and goals for the Financial Advisory unit in conjunction with the Head, Financial Advisory
- Provide support in collaborating with the Investment Division as it develops and executes the companies origination strategy, including the ability to leverage Advisory work to drive new business for the Corporation.
- Assist with the development and implementation of a detailed business plan for the financial advisory business, with a view to delivering set targets.
- Work closely with colleagues from other departments within the corporation to actively seek financial advisory and arranging mandates for the business.
- Provide appropriate support in identifying and winning new advisory opportunities in diverse geographies within Africa and across the Corporation’s core sectors.
- Participate and demonstrate ownership in the financial advisory process from prospecting through to due diligence, execution and closure.
- Provide appropriate advice for deal structuring and ensure successful execution of assigned financial advisory mandates.
- Provide appropriate support to coordinate the development/standardization, documentation and implementation of world-class financial advisory processes.
- Prepare complex financial models and comprehensive Investment memorandums
- Assist with the development and execution of world class financial advisory processes.
- Assist with the development and update of standard documentation/ templates such as contracts, financial advisory Identification Memo; Standard Mandate Letter, financial advisory reports and models, etc.
- Participate in the Investment Committee process and contribute specialist knowledge in all phases of the Investment product development and management cycle.
- Develop and mentor younger colleagues in the Financial Services division as well as provide assistance in the identification of training requirements.
- Build and maintain relationships with clients and other key stakeholders.
Research & Market Intelligence
- Keep abreast of external and internal trends/developments relevant to financial advisory and apply knowledge of such trends/ developments appropriately.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Relevant advanced degree e.g. Masters Degree in Business Administration, Finance, or a related field.
- Relevant certifications related to finance and/ or project management
- 8-10 years’ experience in financial advisory role is mandatory.
- Proven track record in successfully closing at least six (6) financialadvisory mandates, especially across the African Market.
- Relevant experience and understanding of infrastructure development issues and infrastructure financing with emphasis on the companies core sectors
- Operational experience relating to Infrastructure related financial advisory will be an added advantage.
- Fluency in writing and speaking English is mandatory
- French, and/or Spanish and Portuguese would be desirable
- Willingness to travel “out-of-station” with minimal prior notice
- Excellent relationship management skills
- Strong business relationships and networks across Africa
- Strong project management skills
- Excellent knowledge of Accounting/ financial analysis
- Excellent presentation skills
- Excellent financial modelling and valuation skills
- In-depth knowledge of financial advisory and investment structuring
- Superior business communication skills
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Ability to work effectively with cross-functional teams
Key Performance Indicators
- Number of Advisory mandates obtained and successfully executed
- US$ revenue target realised from transactions/mandates executed
- Profit and loss earned for the Corporation
- Cross sell opportunities
Benefits and Contractual information:
- 3 Year renewable employment contract
- Willing and able to relocate to Nigeria, Lagos.
- Suitably qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.
Closing Date: Thursday 19th of October 2023
If you wish to apply for the position please send your CV to Shearidan Rabsch at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please visit www.caglobalint.com for more exciting opportunities.
CA Finance – Legal, Banking and Insurance
CA Global will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.