Reference No. JA-SB-11
Reference Number: JA-SB-11
The Legal Advisor for a Fintech is responsible for providing legal advice and guidance to the company on all legal matters related to its formation & structuring, registrations of IP’s, operations, including regulatory compliance, risk management, and commercial contracts. The Legal Advisor works closely with the executive team and other departments to ensure that the company's legal affairs are managed effectively and efficiently.
- Formation and Structuring of Companies, and rewind the existing structure in & out of Africa Experience is must, SPCs, Tax Awareness would be an added advantage.
- Registration of IP’s around technological developments, trademarks, copyrights around Africa & Middle east.
- Expertise in OHADA laws, Industrial laws around West & Central Africa, Europe, Singapore would be an added advantage.
- Provide legal advice and guidance on all matters related to the company's operations, including regulatory compliance, risk management, and commercial contracts.
- Advise on regulatory requirements and ensure the company complies with relevant laws and regulations, including those related to data privacy and security.
- Draft, review, and negotiate commercial contracts, including client contracts, service agreements, and vendor agreements.
- Conduct legal research and stay up-to-date on relevant legal developments that may affect the company's operations.
- The Incumbent should be responsible to handle Smart Contracts, Digitalisation of Legal Contracts and documents for the Project.
- Develop and implement legal policies and procedures to manage legal risks and ensure compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
- Manage disputes and litigation, working with outside counsel when necessary.
- Advise on corporate governance matters, including board governance, shareholder agreements, and company structure.
- Provide training and guidance to employees on legal matters and best practices.
- Juris Doctor (JD) degree from an accredited law school and admission to practice law in the relevant jurisdiction.
- At least 7-10 years of experience as a legal advisor or counsel, preferably in the FinTech industry or in a similar fast-paced, technology-driven environment.
- Strong knowledge of financial services and securities regulations.
- Ability to draft and negotiate complex commercial contracts.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to effectively communicate legal concepts to non-legal stakeholders.
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently, manage multiple projects, and prioritize effectively.
- Demonstrated ability to provide sound legal advice in a business
If you wish to apply for the position, please send your CV to email@example.com .
Please visit www.caglobalint.com for more exciting opportunities.
CA Global will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions