Reference No. LCSR03
Senior Manager, Head of Sustainability (Sustainability Strategy / Industry trends / ESG Governance) – Kigali, Rwanda
Reference Number: LCSR03
The role holder will have a dual role which will include being responsible for leading and managing Sustainability / ESG for the company in Tanzania and supporting the Group team on specific areas of group wide sustainability strategy and solutions workstreams.
Responsibilities shall include:
- Strategy and stakeholder engagement
- In line with the Group Sustainability Strategy, develop a Tanzania focused Sustainability strategy to identify and manage the key ESG-related risks & opportunities.
- Introduce best practices to support delivery of the organization’s strategy.
- Generate insights and thought leadership materials on Sustainability, ESG topics and trends, both locally and internationally.
- Serve as subject matter expert on Sustainability / ESG, including industry trends, research, regulations, and ESG data gathering, analysis, monitoring, and reporting.
- ESG Risk Management
- Accountable for overall ESG Risk Management including ownership and implementation of an effective environmental and social management system (ESMS).
- Manage the ESG Governance and Compliance requirements.
- Lead the Business to deliver effective Environmental and Social Risk appraisals (both desk-top and site based) as part of the credit process and develop practical risk management plans, as appropriate, to be included as part of the facility agreements.
- Run the assurance program and follow-up to ensure effective implementation of the E&S Management Policy and Procedures.
- Work in close partnership with the wider business and the company’s Foundation to develop ESG opportunities and impact related products and services.
- Capacity Building & Development
- Lead and manage an in-country Sustainability team, as applicable.
- Build Environmental and Social awareness among the company’s clients.
- Champion and build ESG capacity across all the relevant business departments to ensure engagement and improved understanding of ESG across the organization.
- Deliver an effective ESG training program to the organization across all levels.
- Deliver to the internal and external (regulatory and/or contractual) reporting requirements.
- The company
- Support and as appropriate lead, accreditation of the company for specific agreed funds (e.g., GCF), association or principles.
- Support and as appropriate lead, application for specific funding and grants from various local and international organizations.
- Participate as part of the leadership team of the company’s sustainable finance commercial workgroup to drive the Group’s Sustainability Strategy and frameworks.
- Support and as appropriate lead, specific product development and go-to-market strategies.
Qualifications & skills required:
- Degree in ESG related discipline – Environmental Sciences, Sustainable Development, Sociology, Community Development, Geology, Engineering.
- Degree or masters in a Business or Banking related discipline would be added advantage.
- Knowledge of local environmental, sustainability, employment, health and safety legislations and regulations
- Strong knowledge of and practical experience in social, environmental sustainability and governance issues across diverse sectors.
- Ability to propose realistic, value-adding, and practical risk management plans.
- Able to collaborate cross-functionally.
- Strong analytical and communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Good working knowledge of IFC Performance Standards, World Bank Environmental, Health and Safety (EHS) guidelines, Equator Principles, GRI, TCFD, Other International Sustainability Standards.
- Experience of ESG related accreditations, engagement and fund raising with international parties.
- Over 7 years’ experience in ESG related role.
- Previous experience in banking desirable.
If you wish to apply for the position, please send your CV to Linda Carstens at email@example.com
Please visit www.caglobalint.com for more exciting opportunities.
CA Global Finance
CA Global will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful. However, your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.