Reference No. MTBR06
Treasury Officer (Management Level / liquidity Management / Risk Management) – Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Reference Number: MTBR06
The Treasury Officer position is responsible for supporting the Finance and Investment team in managing the Union's financial resources effectively. Directly reporting to the CFO, the role involves handling liquidity management, risk management, compliance with investment rules, and utilizing technology to optimize returns on the Union's cash and financial assets. The Treasury Officer will play a crucial role in ensuring sufficient liquidity for all obligations and identifying and mitigating risks associated with Treasury.
- Cash and Liquidity Management:
- Develop and implement the Union's liquidity management strategy and framework.
- Execute solutions for efficient utilization of surplus cash for investments that meet funding requirements.
- Design and maintain a cash flow forecasting structure considering different funding sources and financial obligations.
- Negotiate investments with partner financial institutions to enhance investment yields.
- Manage risks associated with liquidity, including foreign exchange, interest rates, and operational risks.
- Monitor foreign exchange rate risks, implement hedging strategies, and report on portfolio performance.
- Manage funds pledged by member countries, including local currencies.
- Bank Relationship Management:
- Open and close accounts with banks after obtaining internal approvals.
- Coordinate relationship management with partner banks to ensure effective service delivery.
- Reconcile bank accounts daily or periodically according to Union policies.
- Assess the creditworthiness of banks to comply with investment guidelines.
- Treasury Management Systems and Processes:
- Test and support various systems implemented within the Treasury department.
- Update relevant Treasury procedure manual documents annually.
- Assist in upgrading and automating treasury activities for operational efficiency.
- Develop and review financial models for simplified analysis and reporting.
- Prepare draft Treasury test cases for user acceptance testing of new systems.
- Internal and External Audit:
- Prepare Treasury-related external audit reports.
- Coordinate responses for internal audit issues related to Treasury.
- Ensure timely follow-up on internal audit responses.
- Other Duties:
- Perform any other duties assigned by senior management.
- Bachelor's Degree and postgraduate degree in a relevant area (e.g., MBA, Master's Degree).
- Minimum of 10 – 15 years of experience in a related area.
- Professional qualification in Treasury (e.g., ACT, CTP, or equivalent).
- Excellent computer skills, including MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Effective communication and adaptability in a diverse and dynamic environment.
- Proficiency in using treasury and risk management systems.
Benefits and Contractual information:
- Permanent position
- Reports to: CFO
- Must be willing to relocate or work in Ethiopia
If you wish to apply for the position, please send your CV to Matthew Taylor at email@example.com
Please visit www.caglobalint.com for more exciting opportunities.
CA Global will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.