Reference No. CDTWMFP
Reference Number: CDTWMFP
As one of Kenya’s leading furniture retailers, they relies on the efficiency and effectiveness of our Warehouses. They want each of our warehouses to be a well-oiled machine, driven by a customer-centric mentality and we are looking for someone to bring them up to that standard. To deliver on our promise to consumers, we count on exceptionally talented, bright, and committed people. Currently, we’re seeking a Warehouse Manager to join our team and manage operations of all our warehouses. This professional multitasker will be designing and implementing a warehouse management system. The ideal candidate should be exceptionally detail oriented, data driven and able to track multiple facets of the warehouse at any given time. They must achieve inventory accuracy, coordinate orders, and track shipping times, ultimately overseeing the fulfilment of thousands 0f product orders every year. They will be very instrumental in the improvement of the current Warehouse teams’ processes.
- Supervise and support the operational logistics team (reception, preparation, shipping, transport, logistics platforms).
- Train and manage a warehouse team to solve day-to-day operational issues and achieve the short- and long-term performance goals.
- Review and prepare workflow, manning and space requirements, equipment layout, and action plans while ensuring productivity, quality, maximize efficiency, minimize overtime and customer service standards are met.
- Maintain a safe and healthy work environment by establishing, following, and enforcing standards and procedures and complying with legal regulations.
- Work closely with human resources management for effective staff management.
Operational Efficiency & Strategy Development
- Create KPIs and implement effective systems for evaluating and improving performance.
- Design dashboards to easily identify bottleneck areas of the operational processes.
- Understand the problems posed and analyze the situation with relevance, clarity of presentation of the strategy and decision elements at each key stage, quality, originality, and effectiveness of the solutions proposed in the various processes of function.
- Develop warehouse operations systems by determining product handling and storage requirements, equipment utilization, inventory management, gate processes, and shipping.
- Ensure the warehouse operates at peak efficiency, with customer satisfaction being the primary goal, by supervising, organizing, directing, and training warehouse employees and establishing, monitoring, and managing operational goals.
- Control the implementation and guarantee the economic efficiency of the projects.
- Work closely with the purchasing department to improve the quality of goods received (packaging) and streamline inputs (logistics data, bar code, etc.) and smooth out supplies.
- Oversee and manage logistics utilized to transport products to customers and showrooms communicating with drivers to ensure efficient delivery of items.
- Ensure adequate stock management tools and processes are in place to enable efficient working across all Furniture Palace branches.
Designing and Implementing of Warehouse Management System
- Scouting for a new warehouse management system based on industry trends
- In liaison with the procurement committee, procure for a robust system that will support the needs of the organization.
- Co-ordinate the implementation process of the system, UAT1, UAT2 and live environments to ensure smooth transitioning
- Ensure all staff are trained pre and post live environments
- Manage the strategic development of the group Supply chain projects.
- Help implement best industry standards and best practices in the warehouse processes and systems requirements.
Cost Centre Budgeting & Cost Management
- Ensure that all financial processes associated with warehouse for each financial month, quarter and year end are executed accurately and in a timely manner at executive level.
- Handle the warehouse budget and present to the board and shareholders of FPL on the affairs of the warehouse and other responsibilities when required.
- Manage unit costs within approved budget
Loss/& Wastage Management
- Ensure all necessary processes are in place to ensure no stock is lost in the warehouse, stock counts are accurate, and any variances are fully investigated.
- Inspect equipment, tools, and machinery regularly, and oversee general maintenance as required to ensure efficiency and reduce wastage.
- Meet regularly with warehouse leads to review, analyse, and develop actionable plans for productivity and loss prevention.
- Put in control measures to reduce on stock damages and find ways of handling dead stock ensuring no losses.
- Always push the leading edge of innovation and excellence and program management practices.
- Stay abreast of latest advancements in technology, competition, industry developments, and regulatory environment.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- 7 -10 years of experience working with warehousing and/or field force for multi-location teams.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Warehouse Management, Logistics, or supply Chain management.
- Experience with warehouse automation tools is a plus.
- Technical expertise in inventory management.
- Compliance- Experience and knowledge i.n health, safety and environmental regulations.
- Owner mentality, entrepreneurial drive, and proven ability to take ownership and influence others.
- Team player and proven ability to drive cohesion and collaboration among many different people & functions.
- Confidence, presence, and credibility to command the respect of colleagues and senior stakeholders.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills as well as the ability to listen effectively.
- Excellent creative thinking skills with an emphasis on developing innovative solutions to solve complex problems.
- Ability to create, formalize, and implement warehouse strategies.
- Ability to increase efficiency of our warehouses and reduce delivery times.
If you wish to apply for the position please send your CV to Chalden Du Toit at email@example.com
Please visit www.caglobalint.com for more exciting opportunities.
Chalden Du Toit
CA Global will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.