Reference No. CDTBLR-AMSME-001
CA Global Headhunters has been retained by the Afreximbank based in Cairo, Egypt to recruit for this position. For more information on the Afreximbank please visit their website www.afreximbank.com. Should you meet the minimum requirements and wish to apply for the position please apply directly to CA Global Headhunters.
This role is within the framework of Afreximbank’s Junior Professionals Programme. The successful candidate will earn the opportunity to acquire further banking, finance, SME development, export, and trade development skills. They will be encouraged to contribute new and innovative ideas to the operations of the Bank and, where applicable, will be considered for a permanent role at the end of the JPP Programme.
Reference Number: CDTBLR-AMSME-001
Nature & Scope:
The purpose of the role is to support Afreximbank’s SME Development Unit to achieve its primary objective of facilitating the integration of African SMEs into export value chains. The Unit achieves this by proliferating financial and non-financial interventions across all member states under its flagship Export SME Development Programme.
The SME Development Unit is situated within the Bank’s Export Development Directorate. The department is central to the Industrialization and Export Development pillar of the Bank’s current strategic plan, and to Afreximbank’s underlying mission. The Bank’s mission is to “stimulate a consistent expansion of, and diversification of African trade so as to rapidly increase Africa’s share of global trade, while operating as a first class, profit oriented, socially responsible financial institution and a centre of excellence in African trade matters”
- Reviews and Analysis:
Preliminary review of all financing and non-financing requests submitted by counterparties to ensure they meet the Bank’s eligibility criteria.
- Carry out basic financial analysis by calculating relevant financial ratios including, leverage, profitability, efficiency, and cover ratios. etc
- Assist in evaluating the underlying financial assumptions of client proposals to ensure that they are credible and realistic.
- Analyze historical and projected financial statements.
- Support the development of credit memos for presentation at Pre-Assessment Committee (PAC)
- Draft term sheets for prospective transactions in line with SME Finance Facility Guidelines.
- Work out transaction pricing to ensure it meets the Bank’s stipulated hurdle rates as communicated periodically.
- Make business /commercial recommendations on proposals to the SME team following preliminary review.
- Prepare and manage SME Finance transaction pipeline on a timely basis.
- Prepare and ensure timely submission of monthly reports for the SME Development Unit.
- Business Development:
- Assist with the review, development, and distribution of marketing collateral to various target customers of the Bank.
- Provide requisite information to clients to ensure that their financing proposals conform to the Bank’s requirements.
- Develop, update, and manage a database of SME Finance Intermediaries.
- Represent the SME Development Unit in internal & external meetings as and when required to do so.
- Support the development of financial products under the Bank’s Export SME Development Programme
- Follow up on action and tracking logs resulting from internal committee meetings, external meetings, and missions for which SME actions are required.
- liaise with relevant departments in communicating queries and feedback to clients
- Support the SME team with administrative services during missions and conferences.
5. Non-Financial Interventions:
- Support the delivery of the incubation, technical assistance and capacity building aspects of the Bank’s Export SME Development Programme
- Work with selected intermediaries in providing support, incubating and developing the capacity of selected SMEs across the continent.
- Participate in the preparation of annual activity plans, covering all non-financial aspects (incubation and capacity building) of the Bank’s Export SME Development programme
- Support the development of schemes and roadshows for establishing market presence with emphasis on broadening the geographic scope of the Bank’s activities and promoting the Bank’s Export SME Development Programme.
- Establish ties and develop MOUs with technical partners for collaboration with the Bank in supporting SMEs through incubation and capacity building.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- First degree in Economics, Business, or other relevant field plus a relevant post graduate degree;
- At least 3 years’ post-graduation experience
- Ability to research, evaluate business models and analyze financial statements and Information.
- Ability to communicate and function in a culturally diverse and change oriented setting.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English. Knowledge of the Bank's other working languages is an added advantage (French, Portuguese, and Arabic).
- Ability to interact with senior officials of banks, corporates, and governments.
- Demonstrate organizational capabilities, including ability to manage workload with limited supervision to attain goals.
- Being proactive with the ability to multitask and use initiative appropriately.
Benefits and Contractual information:
- 2 year contract.
- Willing and able to relocate to Cairo, Egypt.
- Suitably qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.
If you wish to apply for the position, please send your CV to Chalden Du Toit at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please visit www.caglobalint.com for more exciting opportunities.
Chalden Du Toit
Senior Recruitment Consultant
Banking & Finance
CA Global will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.