Reference No. CDTBE1
Reference Number: CDTBE1
Our leading banking client is currently recruiting an Economist/Partnership Expert for the East & Southern Africa region.
The incumbent will be responsible for consolidating the company’s partnership with countries, international financial organizations, and institutions through financing projects in the public sector and technical assistance operations.
- Establishing contacts with beneficiary countries in the West and Central African region whose affairs they have been assigned to pursue by the Head of the Unit
- Evaluating the economic situation and the needs of recipient countries for resources and technical support operations with appropriate terms and conditions for projects and operations, to be submitted to the company’s management
- Preparing special studies on the promising economic sectors and/or those which the company is interested to consider and cover in its future plans
- Coordinating with the head of the unit with regard to the studies and reports that he is required to prepare, especially those related to the preparation of a record of the projects under consideration, the annual lending program, and the annual program of technical assistance operations that materialize into annual programs for cooperation with states
- Conducting the required financial analysis and feasibility assessment of the projects and operations assigned to him/her and preparing reports to assess the general and sectoral economic conditions, reports of the payment status of the beneficiary countries, and reports covering the activities of financing and development institutions operating in these countries
- Preparing and updating memoranda of cooperation with African countries, following up on them and constantly updating their data
- Follow up on the economic indicators issued by the World Bank, the International Monetary Fund, the African Bank and other Arab financial institutions related to the countries that he/she is responsible for following up
- Participation in evaluation missions for projects financed by the company
- Supervising the review of feasibility studies financed by the company
- Review requests for loan disbursement and technical assistance
- Arrange to receive delegations and make the necessary preparations in coordination with the Public Relations Division and work on preparing minutes of meetings, and any other organizational matters in order to make these visits a success
- Participate in the organization of events and seminars concerned with Arab and African development affairs and work to encourage the participation of Arab investors in them in order to familiarize them with the available opportunities and to provide them with the necessary studies.
- Introducing Arab products within the context of encouraging Arab-African trade exchange
- Assist in developing new operations through missions, examining and evaluating requests from countries and regional organizations for financing and technical support operations from the company.
- Reviewing requests for financing, collecting all information and data related to them, and submitting observations regarding them to the head of the unit.
- Participating in the analysis, evaluation and follow-up of operations
- Participating in preparing project approval reports and technical assistance operations
- Participating in the organization of seminars and courses organized by the company, and working to encourage the participation of investors in such occasions and presenting to them the available investment opportunities, studies and information on these opportunities.
- Providing the competent authorities within the company constantly with information concerning the beneficiary countries with regard to the various sectors, development institutions and public bodies
- Searching for new areas for the company’s projects and operations in support of African countries that are alligned with the company’s goals and strategies
- Continuously ensuring the quality of work for all activities related to his/her tasks
- Complying with the laws, regulations and instructions in force, and adhere to the rules and methods of work approved by the company
- Perform other related tasks assigned to them by their direct superior
- University degree in Economics or equivalent
- Professional certificate s in the field of project management, evaluation, economic feasibility or equivalent is preferred
- A similar experience of not less than 5 years, preferably at least two years in similar international institutions
- Fluency in the Arabic and English is a must, fluency in French is a plus.
- Proficiency in the use of computer and software related to management of financing projects and functions.
- High capacity in the preparation and follow-up of reports, performance indicators and data analysis.
- Formulate and set goals with the ability to manage time and performance.
- Knowledge of laws, regulations and legislation relating to job functions.
- Ability to successfully change and disseminate leading practices.
- Familiarity with the financial and economic analysis of projects.
Personal and behavioral skills
- Maintain integrity and professional confidentiality and comply with rules and regulations.
- Ability to work and lead in a multicultural environment.
- Working under pressure with minimal supervision and attention to detail.
- Having a sense of responsibility and initiative.
- Ability to organize, coordinate, follow up and work in a team spirit.
- Communication and interpersonal skills.
- Creative thinking and keeping pace with latest advances/trends.
- Self-motivation, initiative and professionalism in performance with continuous learning and development.
- Personal strength and tact.
If you wish to apply for the position, please send your CV to Chalden Du Toit at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please visit www.caglobalint.com for more exciting opportunities.
Chalden Du Toit
CA Global will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.